Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fitness Level

Last fitness class we practiced outside of the kwoon. Being outside - sun, fresh air - brings something different to my training. It is fun, refreshing, different and did I mention fun?

I find that most of us are lacking the physical strength to go the extra mile (i.e. to be able to spar for 3 minutes without gasping out of air). I know I am constantly struggling with my cardio. What is missing? I'm practicing lots. Is it over training? Could be as my body is fatigue at times but that is still not the reason why I cannot be full force active for more than few minutes without needing a break.

I assume there are many contributes to this. Lack of sleep, lack of water, bad nutrition, muscle strain, and maybe there are more I cannot think of right now.

I want to change something and to be able to push my self further. Not sure what I'm going to do yet (any suggestions will be welcomed).

2 comments:

  1. The type of training for cardio is key. Quality over quanitity.Most of us are in maintenance mode so we stay at a plateau. You need to push yourself outside the comfort zone to exhaustion at set intervals (HIIT) and measure your progress. Then you will see change. My thoughts anyways...I struggle with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with J.C. Interval training is key to getting beyond plateaus.

    ReplyDelete