Sunday, May 8, 2016

In-action

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the power of our actions. This week's topic is the same with a twist. I want to talk about the power of our inaction.

When we are are not taking an action, either on purpose or because we just didn't, there is an affect on ourselves, our surrounding. Just like with our actions, the effect can be positive or negative.


Here are few examples:
If I drive down the road and I see one kid pushing another or a group of kids tosses around a kid's bag. I can decide to help the kid or I can decide to ignore. Thinking to my self that it is nothing. Not helping the kid can have a negative effect on him for life.

If I comment and plus one person's blog and I don't comment and plus someone else's blog. Will it affect the person I do not comment on their blog? Possibly. Especially if that person is in need for my feedback and encouragement.

If I see garbage on the street and I don't pick it up. Less people are likely to pick it up and it is just a matter of time before our streets won't look as nice as they do now.


We are lucky to live in a place where we are fortunate to have a home, 3 (or more) meals, education, high morals. All these are not a result of in-action.

I have to make sure that next time I choose to ACT.

1 comment: