Sunday, July 17, 2016

Eating and activity balance

With my reduced activity in recent weeks I can really feel the changes in my body. I have less energy and I get tired faster during physical activity. But part of getting my back back to order requires me to focus on stretches and mobility.

I love eating. Sweet, salty, sour, did I mention sweet already? Whenever I eat something I know I will regret later, I'm telling myself "I will run it off". But lately it is not happening because I do not run as much. Breaking the eating habit is hard and I'm struggling with temptations and habits. If there is a free doughnut in the office - I must get it. If there is a Tim Hortons on the way home (and for some weird reason, there is one everyday) - I have to get something.

So now I'm 42 (I know most of you were thinking about my age...). My waist size is 42 and I want it down to 39.

I know I have lots of work in front of me. I need to get back into my workout routine without hurting my back. I need to learn new habits and to curve temptations. I think that the first step is for me to acknowledge that I'm not happy with where I am. Now I'm supposed to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment