Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tiger Challenge v3

Tiger Challenge this year was a great success for me. Yes it was stressful before and during. I kept thinking - "what am I forgetting?", "what time will each segment end?", "are the divisions set properly?". Then also watching my kids and Sharida competing. Hoping they are doing well. And they did. Aviva kicked butt at the noodle fight, Shira did very well at the weapon forms, Noa got the BD grand champion, Kobe did great with his forms and in the Lion Dance (too bad he got a migrane and had to pull out in the middle) and Sharida did great and event got gold for her weapon form!!!

This year there was a new energy during the Tiger Challenge. Maybe it was the new Obstacle course event that was added to the adults events. I think it was fun to watch and it was also fun to participate in.

This year I had some helping hands with the setup (thanks sifu Regier, sifu Lindstrom, sifu Becket and Mrs. Bergstreiser). And we were more prepared with the score keepers. Everything seemed to run more smoothly than before.

But at the end of the day I was done. And my shoulders were hurting (probably from the obstacle course mania). I needed today as a day of rest, which is not great for my plank challenge. I did not get any minutes on Friday because of the preparations and none on Saturday. I will have to do some extra in the following weeks but I also need to rest my shoulders and make sure I'm not going to cause any damage.

Anyway - "back to normal". Now we have lots to prepare with the dragon and also the individual forms. Only 3 more months to Chinese New Year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment