Sunday, November 20, 2016

it doesn't matter

So after posting the video last week I've been thinking about it and why I don't really like the video and the message in it. If you haven't seen the video, it is about a group of people that hate other (for example a British guy who claims he is 100 British and he hates the Germans). After participating in DNA test, he realize that he has some German genes in him.

The message is we should not hate others because we also have part of their DNA. This is great but I was thinking - and what if I don't have part of someones DNA? Does that allow me to hate them? We should not hate others just because they are "other".

My dad was a Holocaust survivor and he told me that he even with everything he went through, he did no hate Germans. He resented and hated the individuals who did the atrocities but not Germans just because they are Germans.

We should always accept others and also demand that others accept us. Gender, Religion, Origin, Skin Color, Height, Size, it doesn't matter.

1 comment:

  1. I should have posted a long time ago on this one. I agree completely with you. It is unfortunate though that some people need that kick in their perspective to jump start their empathy.

    ReplyDelete